The numerous application possibilities of our plastic components offer you a variety of finishing options. Thanks to our many years of experience, we can offer our customers a wide range of finishing solutions. If there is not the right solution for your application, we will gladly help you to change it. Our paint shop refines any SLS components in any desired RAL color.
Possible finishing options:
- Coloring (no varnish application)
- color oil resistant
- ECO finish (easy to paint)
- TOP finish (fillers are painted)
- ESD painting (electrically dissipative paint)
- Joining (with oversized components)
- Post-processing (drilling, thread,...)
Due to the SLM process-specific surface finish, functional surfaces that must have an increased surface quality must be mechanically finished. The focus is on combining the strengths of additive manufacturing and conventional manufacturing. The aim should be to reduce mechanical post-processing to a minimum. Typically, in the case of additive manufacturing processes, in particular when processing metallic materials, inherent stresses are induced in the component due to the process, which can result in dimensional stability losses, particularly in the case of bulky components. Stress relieving is an approach that is pursued by Irpd AG to counteract internal stresses.
- mechanical post-processing (deburring, turning, milling, drilling, etc...)
- CNC complete machining
- Stress relieving
- Ultrasonic cleaning
- and other techniques to improve the component surface
If you have any questions, please contact us